Harvey Girls Forever! (Known as Harvey Street Kids for the first season) is an American animated slapstick comedy television series developed by Emily Brundige and produced by Aliki Theofilopoulos and Brendan Hay for DreamWorks Animation Television, and is based on comic book characters from Harvey Comics. It premiered June 29, 2018 on Netflix and also broadcasted in Canada on the Family Channel's Family CHRGD.
From long kickball games to the many flavors of trucks and ice cream to an impressive climbing tree, most days on Harvey Street feel like a vacation. Audrey, Dot and Lotta are BFFs and the street's guardians. They try to keep Harvey Street great and start wild afternoon adventures.
The animated series took a number of liberties from the Little Audrey franchise:
- Audrey is very childish, yet hot-tempered and actually smaller than her major counterpart, as she wears a long-sleeved shirt, jeans and a pair of hi-tops. In the Little Audrey franchise, she wears her iconic 1930s outfit.
- Lotta became a lot more feminine, as she wears a jacket and a pair of boots.
- Dot had her smart personality, as an African-American.
Cast and characters
- Stephanie Lemelin as Audrey
- Kelly McCreary as Dot
- Lauren Lapkus as Lotta
- Atticus Shaffer as Melvin
- Grey Griffin as Lucretia/Frufru/The Bow
- Danny Pudi as Tiny
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Fredo
- Roger Craig Smith as Pinkeye/Bobby the Elder/Billy the Skunk/Barry Mudderson
- Jamaal Hepburn as Gerald
- Anna Camp
- Dee Bradley Baker as Raccoons
- Chris Diamantopoulos as additional voices
- Joey McIntyre, Nick Lachey, Joey Fatone and Shawn Stockman as Crush4U
- The character designs and the characters' personalities for the series, are completely different than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, as well as the Harvey Girls comic books.
- Audrey, Lotta and Dot also wear more contemporary clothing, which is quite different when easily compared to their iconic 1930s outfits.
- Unlike the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, and the Harvey Girls comic books, Harvey Street Kids is set in the 2010s (based on the kids' use of tablets and the internet).
- Each episode title features either the face of one of the girls or their team symbol, similar to classic cartoons showing the face of a character to show who the star is, before the episode's name appears. In this case, if an episode focuses on either Audrey, Dot, or Lotta, that girl's face will show. If it doesn't have a particular focus, or it focuses on another character (except for Richie Rich, who has his face shown due to joining the Harvey Girls), it shows their symbol.
- Harvey Street itself, as well as its founder, is named after Harvey Comics.